Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Motivation

1. Why are you here?
I'm at UVU because I am from Utah county and recieved a scholarship to this local school which was a plus. I'm still here and now a student in the Education Program because I have wanted to be a teacher since as long as I can remember. I originally thought that I wanted to teach elementary ed but as time went on the change to Math ed was for me and I'm very happy and excited that I made that switch!!! It hasn't been easy but I know it's what I want to do!

2. What motivates me?
I am a people pleaser! This isn't always a positive characteristic but it works for me most of the time. I love to do things for people including tutoring, cleaning, and just about anything else that will help them out. I love to surprise people and will go out of my way to do things that surprise people.
As far as school goes, I am highly motivated by grades, standard achievements, accomplishing assignments, and finishing courses! I have always been self motivated and not needed any pushing or proding from others when it came to school work.

3. Why do I succeed?
I work hard and when "the going gets tough, the tough get going!" Anxiety has always helped me to work harder! Just when I think that I couldn't possibly work any harder or a class just couldn't get harder, I make it though it and pass the course!!!

4. Why do I fail?
I fail when I give up on myself and quit trying. Probably the thing I fail in the most is taking care of myself because like other things I fail in, I put them on the backburner and procrastinate til it's too late.

5. How do I need to change my motivations and mindset for this class in order to become a great teacher?
I just can't let myself get behind or put anything on the "backburner" for this course. I am feeling good about this course right now. I started to read some of the text already and it really sparked my interest as I want to become the best teacher that I can!!

No comments:

Post a Comment